Red Quinoa Pilaf, a rif from this recipe at Food52.
I used red quinoa, sauteed 1/4 onion (chopped) first. Regular lemon instead of a Meyer lemon and feta cheese. I also used truffle oil instead of walnut oil.
I was not clear on Chris’s opinion as he initially said ‘this is different.’ Then he got up for seconds before finishing his pork chop (the crispy thing on the side- panko crusted pork chop first slathered with a little brown mustard).
What I used
5-6 red skin potatoes
2 tbls butter
1/3 cup sour cream
1 med. onion, sliced thinly
4-5 leaves curly kale (purple, if you can), tough stems removed, chopped in to small pieces
2 cloves garlic, finely diced/smashed
Salt & pepper
What I did
1. Boil potatoes until tender
2. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are golden yellow.
3. Add kale to onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until kale is softened but still has a bit of crunch in the stems.
4. Drain potatoes. Add butter and sour cream then mash. Add more sour cream if they seem a little dry.
5. Combine kale & onion with potatoes. Season to taste and consider a garnish of sliced scallions and/or balsamic vinegar drizzle.
Note: You may need to box up leftovers right away, unless you plan on eating this all in one night. Or banish yourself from the kitchen for the night. Sorry, honey, I can’t help you with those dishes!